[Gmsh] Please help (Error while meshing a geometry)

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Sat Jun 12 18:52:02 CEST 2010

On 11/06/10 18:44, Sharobeam, Monir wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you so much for your prompt response. I tried to remove surface 23 using the delete command but it did not go away. I believe that is because it bounds volume 1.

yes, you must delete the volume before removing a surface that bounds it.

I even tried to reconstruct volume 1 again by recreating all its surfaces again except 23, then use 40,58,68,78 as
bounding surfaces to the volume but it did not work either. Is there away to join two volumes into one?

No

This may automatically ignore surface 23 during the mesh or allow its removal using the delete surface command. Please
advise.

you will have to delete the volumes and the surfaces 23 , 40, 58 , 68 , 78 , and perhaps some lines, and then
reconstruct "by hand" these lines and surfaces in a non-overlapping way

Regards,

Dave