[Gmsh] cgns: Segmentation fault

Dragan Vidovic vitkecar at gmail.com
Sun May 16 20:16:14 CEST 2010

Hi Dave

Sorry, I know the screenshot is confusing. I just couldn't find a
better way to visualize it. Also sorry for a wrong subject.

Imagine that you start from a nice tetrahedron and divide one of it's
edges into some 10 segments, connect them with the opposite edge, and
in this way you divide your tetrahedron into 10 thin tetrahedra. Why
would something like this happen? Certainly such mesh is of a very
poor quality, and it shouldn't be, because the geometry is so simple.
So I consider this a bug. One funny thing is that I get the same mesh
no matter which one of the meshing algorithms I use (Advancing Front
etc), but only if I generate the mesh from the command line. Optimize
option does solve the problem.

Regards,

Dragan