[Gmsh] Airfoil meshing Naca 0012

Eric Nutsch ericnutsch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 21:09:47 CET 2010

Emanuele,

Well first you need to make 2 line loops, one for the airfoil and one
for the farfield(in userguide)
Then make a plane surface using the 2 loops.(userguide)
You will then be able to mesh
To control the mesh size use the characteristic length(userguide)

If you want to then want to use a boundary layer you will be stuck the
same place as I. It is easy enough to create a boundary layer with the
extrude function, but I have yet to figure out how to attach it to a
farfield mesh.

Eric Nutsch