[Gmsh] how to define surface properties in gmsh input files?

Ruth V. Sabariego r.sabariego at ulg.ac.be
Thu Feb 4 17:31:31 CET 2010

The material description is not done in Gmsh.
Nevertheless, you can define "Physical Regions" and use them in your
computation software.
That way, you will have a tag in the mesh file (see manual) that allows
you to identify the elements belonging to those physical regions. You
can thus associate material characteristics, boundary conditions, and so
on.

For instance:
Physical Volume (Your_tag1) = {geo_volume_number};
Physical Surface(Your_tag2) = {geo_surface_number};
Physical Line(Your_tag3) = {geo_line_number};
Physical Point(Your_tag4) = {geo_point_number};

Regards,
Ruth