[Gmsh] level the elements

jeremy theler jeremy at talador.com.ar
Tue Mar 25 11:08:44 CET 2014

On Sunday 23 March 2014 11:48:12 Geordie McBain wrote:

> in order to solve my eq system with finite volume, I need to level them and
> develop my connection list.
>
> > I found some old discussion about something similar (
>
> http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2011/006866.html) but honestly I don't know
> how to proceed.

This issue has been raised a few times in the past (with no actual responses)

http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2013/008169.html
http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2014/008819.html

I think it should not be so difficult to include a section called "neighbors"
in the msh file that includes a list of elements that are adjacent in a
certain format. For example:

$Neighbors$
nelement nneighbors element1 element2 ... elementn
$EndNeighbors$

A refinement would include which are the nodes that define the faces that
share both neighbors. This optional information would allow gmsh to be used
with the finite volumes method.

Any comments from the gmsh developers?

--
jeremy