[Gmsh] meshing of spherical object

b_yendler at comcast.net b_yendler at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 01:00:14 CET 2010

Dear Christophe Geuzaine and Jean-Francois Remacle ,

I found reference to your company in SketchUp blog . I'm wondering if your code can help me to solve the following problem. Let's assume that I have a sphere which consists of two areas of different physical properties, say, gas and liquid. The shape of interface between gas and liquid is not plane but rather complex (see attached sketch). This surface may happen if sphere is rotating. The position of the interface is determined by an other s/w tool. The surface is given by triangular mesh with coordinates of the vertices's. I have a problem of finding a mesh generator which can generate mesh in gas and liquid volumes in such way that generated mesh coincides with given mesh on the interface.

The question is : can  GMESH mesh both volumes (liquid and gas) in such way that it coincides with given mesh on interface between liquid and gas?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Boris Yendler

USA, California.

+1 408 6663141 (cell)