[Gmsh] Problem of 3D meshing

CARATINI Grégory gregory.caratini at enpc.fr
Fri Sep 24 16:33:09 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to do a 3D mesh of an ellipsoid embedded in a cubic domain.
I do the 1/8e of the geometry. The 2D mesh works well, problems come
when I try to do a 3D mesh, I obtain several error messages (Coplanar
points in circum sphere computation for example). Would you have a
solution ?
To specify my problem, I want to apply different materials to the 2
different domains (the ellipsoid and the cubic domain) and use 3D joint
elements between the two elliptic surfaces in contact using Castem. I
tried to separate these 2 surfaces (defining 2 surfaces with a distance
eps of 1e-6 for example) but it only works if the distance eps is high
enough (1e-2 for example) which is too high for my problem.
Thank you for your response.
I enclose my file.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
Caratini Grégory.

--
Caratini Grégory

Laboratoire Navier, équipe micromécanique et calcul des structures
Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées
6-8 avenue Blaise Pascal
77455 Marne-la-Vallée cedex 2

Email : gregory.caratini at enpc.fr