[Gmsh] question about mesh generation one hundred million tetrahedron elements?

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 30 15:45:09 CEST 2010

On 08/30/2010 03:40 PM, liang dong wrote:
> hi :
>    I found your email addresses in the gmsh,I want used gmsh
> genertation one hundred million tetrahedron elements? can gmsh do it?
> if it cannot ,gmsh can parallelly mesh generation ? i see gmsh include
> metis( is a partitioning finite element meshes tool).  what can do if
> i want generation hundred million tetrahedron elements in gmsh?

Dear Liang,

You do not have to do personal posts. The mailing list will answer you
if they know that I have not generated this much elements myself.  On
partitioning there are two partitioning tools embedded in gmsh, metis
and chaco. What do you start giving a try on simpler models with less
elements and see what happens? Then you can have an idea on how it can
handle these operations and understand if that is useful or not.

Best,
Umut