[Gmsh] surface reparametrization from msh file giving problem?

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:58:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

As I said in a previous post, I encounter problem with surface remeshing
considering the following *.geo and *.msh files.
Could someone help me on this topic?
I tried with a quad mesh saved in a *.msh format, and the message console
tells me there is a syntax error at line 6 of my *.geo file containing the
remeshing commands.
The *.geo file is actually very similar to the one given as exemple in the
wiki.

Also, would someone give us an advice about the difference between Harmonic
or Conformal mapping in terms maybe of quality and speed? Or in which kind
of cases one is better suited than the other.

I tried with a quad mesh saved in a *.msh format, and the message console
tells me there is a syntax error at line 6 of my *.geo file containing the
remeshing commands.

Finally, I have a last question: if I understand well, the logic for
remeshing is to reparametrize a surface before recreating a mesh. Does it
mean that the 'new' mesh is realized on a kind of 'B-spline surfaces' (which
would be the reparametrized surface)?
If yes, is it possible to save this re-created surface in brep or step?

I thank you in advance for your advices and help.

Bests,

Pierre