[Gmsh] progress with CGNS boundary data

Nigel Nunn nnnunnn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 21:17:57 CEST 2010

Hi to gmsh developers,

The svn code for writeCGNS looks great.  I’m stepping through it
trying to get the region-surface boundary data our solver needs.

I've found a few places where unexpected things happen.  Is there
someone among the active developers currently interested in sorting
this out, or simply interested in getting face boundary data?

To export such data directly from Netgen, we had to call
mesh.UpdateTopology() which builds all the necessary data structures.
It looks like something similar is being done in GModelIO_CGNS.cpp by
zoneTask?

If anyone is interested in discussing this, please let me know.  I
think I failed to subscribe to the mailing list, so might be best to
also email me at nnnunnn at gmail.com

thanks for all the great stuff in gmsh!
Nigel