[Gmsh] using Physical Groups as boundary conditions in .mesh file

Felipe Montefuscolo felipe.mt87 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:20:59 CEST 2010

Hello,

I want to use Physical Groups tags as boundary conditions in .mesh file. The
edges
and triangles are tagged properly, but all vertices vertices are tagged as
"0".
The problem is that not all information can be recovered from the tags of
the edges.

e.g., I cant recover tha tag of the corners of a square in .mesh file :

simple.geo:
Point(1) = {0, 0, 0};
Point(2) = {1, 0, 0};
Point(3) = {1, 1, 0};
Point(4) = {0, 1, 0};
Line(1) = {1, 2};
Line(2) = {2, 3};
Line(3) = {3, 4};
Line(4) = {4, 1};
Line Loop(5) = {4, 1, 2, 3};
Plane Surface(6) = {5};

Physical Point(777) = {4, 1, 2, 3};  // PROBLEM: this tag will disappear
Physical Line(888) = {4, 1, 2, 3};
Physical Surface(999) = {6};

simple.mesh
MeshVersionFormatted 1
 Dimension
 3
 Vertices
 5
                    0                         0                         0
   0
                    1                         0                         0
   0
                    1                         1                         0
   0
                    0                         1                         0
   0
                  0.5                       0.5                         0
   0
 Edges
 4
 Triangles
 4
 2 3 5 999
 4 1 5 999
 5 3 4 999
 5 1 2 999
 End

Ps: Sorry if my english is not so clear.

--
Felipe Montefuscolo