[Gmsh] differenz between Linux-Version and Windows-Version

Krupp, Verena v.krupp at fz-juelich.de
Wed Jun 23 15:16:42 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm using Gmsh since 2 month and I want to mesh a very complex geometry - am cylinder filled with many small spheres.

My question is: it is possible that the Gmsh version for Linux works different to the Gmsh version for windows. Both are Version: 2.4.2 and when I run my geo.file with the same options for the mesh, I got different meshes.

My Mesh Option:

2D algorithm:                         Frontal
3D algorithm:                         Frontal
Subdivison algorithm:            None
Smoothing Steps:                   1
Element size factor:               4.08
Minimum element size:         0
Maximum element size:         1e+0223
Element order:                       1
Use incomplete high order elements:           deactivated

With the windows version I got a 3Dmesh with 10024 tetrahedrons. The number of tetrahedral with the Linux version is 51953!
Another problem is: I need the meshes to import in COMSOL, a simulation software. The meshes, I generated with the Windows version will be good analyzed in COMSOL instead of the mesh generated with the Linux version.

Does anybody know about a different between these two versions?

Thank you in advanced and best regards

Verena Krupp

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt