[Gmsh] gmsh segfaulting on simple file

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 12:16:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Crni Gorac <cgorac at gmail.com> wrote:

>   [ ... ]
>
> I guess I'll have to examine further now where these problems come
> from, but still: there is no "REQUIRED" option in "FindPackage(BLAS)"
> statement in CMake build script for gmsh, and also from what follows
> this statement I'd say gmsh is supposed to be built even without
> BLAS/LAPACK support, so I'm wondering does this really have anything
> to do with the segmentation fault errors I'm encountering?

Hmm - after double checking: everything is indeed caused exactly by
gmsh being unable to find LAPACK library.  Namely, there seems to be a
bug in FindBLAS CMake module, so that CMake is unable to properly
detect LAPACK, when built against ATLAS libraries (strange that the
bug is reported almost a year ago, and it's still sitting there - I
guess I'll have to try to report it at CMake mailing list again).
When I fixed it, and re-compiled gmsh, it is meshing both tutorial
files, and my geometry, properly.  Thus - apologies for the fuss, but
still I'd suggest to change gmsh CMakeList.txt file, so that it error
out in case LAPACK not found.

Regards.