[Gmsh] Fwd: problems about mesh characteristic length

徐庶 xushuchina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:05:37 CEST 2010

Dear all:
  Thank you for your instructions and advice! Now I'm more clear about the
using of characteristic length and how to qulify a given mesh.

Shu

2010/3/31 Geordie McBain <gdmcbain at freeshell.org>

> 2010/3/31 David Colignon <David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be>:
> > you should read the first tutorials (and try changing the value of "lc")
> :
> >
> > http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#Tutorial
>
> ...and if you want to know more after that, there's a very nice
> description of both how the characteristic length is used during
> generation and how the quality of a given mesh is quantified in
> Section 4 `Mesh generation in Gmsh' of Geuzaine & Remacle (2009), a
> preprint of which is available at http://geuz.org/gmsh.

XU Shu
College of Computer Science and Technology
Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
E-mail: xushuchina at gmail.com
Phone: +8613986106599