[Gmsh] bug?

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Jun 7 18:43:40 CEST 2005

Bernhard Stoevesandt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> well i have another problem with the mesh generator. As i try to
> generate a mesh for this simple geometry, i sometimes get elements
> intersecting my surfaces. this is not supposed to happen. how can i
> prevent it from doing this (see attachments)? i use gmsh 1.60 on linux.

Hi Bernhard - It's a recurrent problem with the old isotropic algorithm,
when some features are much smaller that the overall size of the
geometry. Reducing the random perturbation factor (gmsh -rand xxx) might
help.

The thing I don't understand is why the new algorithm also (silently)
fails on this geometry. I tried to see why a couple of weeks ago, but
couldn't. I will have another look when I get a chance.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech