[Gmsh] boolean partitioning

Jeremy Theler jeremy at seamplex.com
Thu May 4 12:30:40 CEST 2017

> I have found an another way to import a brep file. However I can't
> understand how the characteristic sizes are applied. I want to apply a
> more dense mesh around the internal surfaces without the cost of a
> field command.

I don't either.

But what I do is I set the characteristic length of all points to a
basic lc

p[] = Point "*";
Characteristic Length { p[] } = lc;

and then set a lower value for some of the points I want to refine
around. You have to known the id of such points, though.

Is there any better solution without falling back to a background field?

--
jeremy
www.seamplex.com