[Gmsh] Import of multiple NASTRAN Mesh files

Ulferts, Alexander Ulferts at inductoheat.eu
Fri Nov 28 10:28:23 CET 2014

Good morning,

Currently I am working on a model of an induction hardening process consisting of a coil and a work piece to be heated.

I have a question regarding the import possibilities of GMSH:

1.       Is it possible to import more than just 1 NASTRAN mesh in 3D?

2.       Can multiple imported meshes then aligned in 3D space? --> e.g. positioning of coil and part, coupling gap of induction hardening process

3.       Can the remaining air between coil and part be meshed with GMSH?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Alexander Ulferts

Head of Process Development Department / Abteilungsleiter Prozessentwicklung

Tel. +49 (0) 7153-504-226

Fax +49 (0) 7153-504-333
e-mail: ulferts at inductoheat.eu <mailto:ulferts at inductoheat.eu>

Inductoheat Europe GmbH

Ostweg 5

D-73262 Reichenbach

An Inductotherm Group Company

www.inductoheat.eu <http://www.inductoheat.eu/>

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Reichenbach an der Fils

Handelsregister B HRB 210509 des Amtsgerichts Stuttgart,

Ust.-IdNr. DE 145349148

Steuernummer: 59340/31588

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Frank Andrä