[Gmsh] Removing duplicates

Prof. Antonello Uva antonio.uva at poliba.it
Tue Sep 16 13:39:01 CEST 2014

Dear All,
I need to mesh 2 volumes (to be filled with two materials) sharing a surface boundary: "pieno" and "vuoto"
I modeled the geometry in an external CAD and imported them in Gmsh as two .step volumes.
I meshed everything correctly, but I have duplicated nodes (because of duplicate geometry) on the interface (boundary surface).
Is there a way to remove duplicates (which are numerically concident) from script? Either remove duplicates on the geometry or in the mesh will work.
Here I attach my script and step files:

Merge "pieno.step";
Merge "vuoto.step";

Mesh.CharacteristicLengthExtendFromBoundary = 0;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFactor = 0.5;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMin = 0.4;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthMax = 20;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromCurvature = 0;
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromPoints = 1;

Coherence;

Physical Volume("pieno") = {1};
Physical Volume("vuoto") = {2};

Thank you again for support and for the possibility to use this program.
Regards,

Prof. Antonio E.  UVA
Dipartimento di Meccanica, Matematica e Management (DMMM)
Politecnico di Bari
Viale Japigia 182 - 70126 - Bari, ITALY
Tel  +39 080 5962737
Fax +39 080 5962777