[Gmsh] internal node structure

Trevor Irons trevorirons at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:16:48 CEST 2014

Thank you again. I tried extruding lines and was able to do so with
straight ones but not Line Loops. I have included as small of an example as
I can think of. This does what I want for the top of the 1/2 cylinder. But
I would like to extend this behaviour to the commented out extrusion step.
Again thanks for any ideas. All I can think of is throw what is written
here into a loop. But I am not sure how well that would work.

lc = 10;   // Target element size
R = .25;   // Radius
D0 = 10;   // Top
D1 = 11;   // Bottom

// Total Solution Space
X0 = -2.;
X1 =  2.;
Y0 = -2.;
Y1 =  2.;
Z0 =  9.;
Z1 = 12.;

////////////////////////////////////
// North Pole

Point(0) = { 0, 0, D0, lc/10};
Point(1) = { R, 0, D0, lc/10};
Point(2) = { 0, R, D0, lc/10};
Point(3) = {-R, 0, D0, lc/10};

// Connect up the points
Circle(4) = {1, 0, 3};
Line(5) = {3,1};
Line Loop(6) = {4,5};
Plane Surface(7) = {6};

//////////////////////////////////////
// Extrude 1/2 cylinder
//Extrude {0, 0, D1-D0} { Surface{7};  } // I want this *outer surface*
within my final volume

/////////////////////////////////////
// Large Bounding box
Point(116)  = {X0, Y0, Z0};