[Gmsh] 2D mesh in 2.8.4 adds a line that shouldn't be there compared to 2.5.1

Oliver oliver.willekens at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:21:52 CEST 2014

I'm comparing a mesh reported earlier (topic title: "Segmentation fault
upon meshing small surface") between gmsh versions 2.8.4 and 2.5.1.

The newer gmsh version adds 2 lines in one specific surface. Those lines
appear to be embedded like the [t15.geo] example, however the geometry does
not specify that at all. Version 2.5.1 does not return those lines, as
expected.

I've taken 3 pictures demonstrating this.
-
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1066768/debug/gmsh_line_not_present.png
a screenshot made with 2.5.1 showing the expected result
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1066768/debug/gmsh_line_present.png
made with 2.8.4 showing the presence of 2 lines (the numbers overlap even)
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1066768/debug/gmsh_line_converges.png
those lines converge, making out an "X"-shape

I'll continue my research with 2.5.1, even though I'd like to make use of
the new features.

[t15.geo]: http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh.html#t15_002egeo