[Gmsh] Change coordinate of a vertex in a GModel using API

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 27 17:14:47 CEST 2014

Hi Mikhail,
the problem of adding and deleting a vertex is that I have to redefine also the topology (I think, am I right ?).
For example let's say that my GModel defining a rectangle: 4 vertices (from 1 to 4), 4 edges (from 1 to 4), 1 lines loops, 1 plane surface.
Let's say that I want now move thew first vertex and keep everything the same (and obtain a quadrilateral). If I delete the first vertex, the two edges which contain the vertex number 1 need to be deleted and recreated with the new vertex which I want to add.
In case the geometry is more complicated, maybe I have also to create again the lines loops.
This procedure is quite inefficient and could become complicated (especially in 3D).
If I can delete a vertex and add with the new coordinates without recreating my edges this could be a good solution to my problem. For know I recreate from scratch the GModel with the right coordinates, but of course this requires a certain amount of code and more operations to be performed by the code.
Chhers, Marco.