[Gmsh] Gmsh issues w/ bezier curves

Michael E Hayek mhayek at MIT.EDU
Mon May 12 01:08:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm working on developing a parametric mesh based on bezier curves, but I noticed that Gmsh is having issues with the bezier curves. The syntax I am using is basically in the form:
Point(1) = {...}
Point(2) = {...}
Point(3) = {...}
Point(4) = {...}
Bezier(1) = {1, 2, 3, 4}

Which creates multiple lines (that is thought to be one in the GUI), with only one being the true bezier curve. When I use:
BSpline(1) = {1, 2, 3, 4}, the problem goes away and I end up with a single curve, but of course the shape is not what I would get using a bezier curve with the same control points.

I require 3rd-order bezier curves for my research - does Gmsh no longer support bezier curves? I am running version 2.5.1 on Linux. I am new to Gmsh and found very little online about bezier curve usage w/ Gmsh.

Attached is my .geo file. The values I have in there now will give circular arcs for bezier curves (3 & 4). I also attached a screenshot of my issue when I use this .geo file.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Hayek
Masters Candidate