[Gmsh] several meshes in one .med-file, ist this possible

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed May 7 22:36:47 CEST 2014

On 07 May 2014, at 15:14, Johannes Ackva <johannes.ackva at code-aster.de> wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have 3 meshes in a .med-file. This was done with Code-Aster this way:
>

> IMPR_RESU(FORMAT='MED', RESU=(_F(MAILLAGE=Mesh_ini,),
>                              _F(MAILLAGE=Mesh1,),
>                              _F(MAILLAGE=Mesh2,),),);
>
> But when opening the .med-file (attachment) I find only the last mesh
> written (Mesh2).
>
> Is there a way to load all meshes in GMSH? Or must I create 3 mesh-files?

Hi Johannes - The 3 meshes are loaded, each one creating a new model (by default only the last one is displayed). You can select the active model with the little selector on the bottom left of the graphic window. You can visualize several models at the same time with Tools->Visibility, and selecting "Models" in the dropdown menu.