[Gmsh] Merging with same indicator - Merging the nodes

Hugo BORIE hborie14 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:06:30 CEST 2014

Hello,

I only have access to Gmsh 2.5 foer the moment so I should be missing some
options.

I would like to know if it possible to merge 2 '.geo' file if they have
same indicators for some geometrical elements (Points, Lines...).

I tried in a '.geo' file to do it with:
  ' Merge "name.geo";
    Merge "name2.geo"; '
But when I try to build the mesh with "./gmsh -3 merge.geo" it didn't
because of those common elements.

After I tried by opening one of the file in gmsh qnd then using
"File->Merge" with the other file but the problem here is that the common
nodes didn't merge at all.

So I would like to know if the version of Gmsh (2.5) I'm currently using
give me the tools to do it. Because for the moment I have to change the
indicators of all the elements in one of my file to managing the merging of
the to file.

I used also the command "Include" instead of "Merge" but I didn't get the
difference between the two.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Hugo