[Gmsh] Gmsh continually saving .geo files?

D Haley mycae at gmx.com
Mon Apr 14 13:54:05 CEST 2014

Dear List,

I recently started to use GMSH again for some of my work. However, I am
having some small troubles with it.

I have noticed that GMSH appears to be saving the .geo file that I am
working on with every interaction. This is really problematic, as every
time I make an error I have to start over again, or manually undo my
steps (AFAIK, there is no built-in undo?).

Normally I would simply reload the file, saving whenever I am happy with
the current program state.

Is there a way to disable this? I am using gmsh-2.8.4, installed on debian.

Thanks!