[Gmsh] Create a structured-unstructured mesh using the API

Alexander Tismer alexander.tismer at ihs.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 26 20:48:11 CET 2014

Hello,

I try to generate an unstructured volume mesh. The region is bounded by
some faces that are meshed with triangles and some that are meshed with
quadrangles (transfinite). I do that in the API by setting

 > myModel->getFaceByTag(1)->meshAttributes.method = MESH_TRANSFINITE;
 > myModel->getFaceByTag(1)->meshAttributes.recombine = 1;

for the transfinite faces. Face meshing works well, but volume meshing
fails with

 > Found two segments intersect each other.

I figured out that there are several meshAttributes.QuadTri options in
gmshDefines.h

 > NO_QUADTRI
 > QUADTRI_ADDVERTS_1
 > QUADTRI_ADDVERTS_1_RECOMB
 > QUADTRI_NOVERTS_1
 > QUADTRI_NOVERTS_1_RECOMB
 > TRANSFINITE_QUADTRI_1

What is the correct option for QuadTri in my case?

Is it necessary to set additional options to my transfinite faces or
unstructured faces?

Best regards

Alex

--