[Gmsh] spline implementation

Marek Wojciechowski mwojc at p.lodz.pl
Wed Mar 12 21:02:09 CET 2014

Hi!

I'm working now on some code which uses gmsh to mesh surfaces given by single,
closed Spline loop. However actually i do not know how the splines work in
gmsh. For example, i expected that the script:

Point(1) = {1.0, 0.0, 0.0};
Point(2) = {0.0, 1.0, 0.0};
Point(3) = {-1.0, 0.0, 0.0};
Point(4) = {0.0, -1.0, 0.0};
Spline(1) = {1, 2, 3, 4, 1};
Line Loop(1)={1};
Plane Surface(1) = {1};

will give me a result quite close to circle. At least, for 3rd order spline
interpolation (separately interpolated x and y with the same evenly spaced
parameter and with periodic boundary) the result is much closer to circle. So
may question is, how the spline curves are implemented in gmsh?

Regards,
--
Marek Wojciechowski
Technical University of Lodz