[Gmsh] conversion med file to msh file - duplicate id number for solids and faces to be used in getdP

Frederic Trillaud ftrillaudp at pumas.ii.unam.mx
Fri Feb 14 21:00:16 CET 2014

Good afternoon,

I have an issue related to the id number in gmsh. I have created a
geometry in the platform salome and converted the mesh into *.msh gmsh
format (gmsh file.med -3).
My geometry has solids and one face for boundary condition. Gmsh
numbered the face as the same number of solid 1. Both face and solid are
identified as 1 in gmsh. When I want to select the region 1, both solid
and face are selected. However, I want to select only the solid.

Therefore, how can I make the difference in getDP between solids and
faces of same id number?

Best,

Frederic