[Gmsh] Create a Boundary Layer around a blade

Alexander Tismer alexander.tismer at ihs.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 6 10:05:10 CET 2014

Hello,

I try to create a boundary layer around a blade of a hydraulic turbine with gmsh.

According to the paper “Gmsh: a three-dimensional finite element mesh generator with built-in pre- and post-processing facilities” (page 18-19) gmsh is able to create such a layer from a set of source surfaces. For me it is not really clear how to do it.

Has anybody an example geo file?

Furthermore I want to do that with my own written subclasses of GEdge, GFace and GVertex using gmsh as a library. Is this also possible? Currently I created a 3-d mesh of my channel using my own written classes successfully. However I’m in trouble with the boundary layer creation around the blade, hub and shroud.

Any help is really appreciated.

Many Thanks

Alex