[Gmsh] Using the interactive.cpp console and "gmsh -listen"

Jaime A V jaiarvil at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:06:17 CET 2011

Dear All,

Thank you Christophe to help me finding the correct command, I didn't
realize that a simple merge could do the trick.

If someone is trying to compile interactive.cpp in Windows with MinGW-GCC,
here is the command I used:

To summarize how to compile the interactive.cpp
=======================================

cd C:\xxxx\gmsh-2.5.0-source\gmsh-2.5.0-source\utils\solvers\c++
g++ interactive.cpp -L./ WSock32.Lib -lreadline5 -ltermcap
-IC:\xxxx\gmsh-2.5.0-source\gmsh-2.5.0-source\utils\solvers\c++

This will output a.exe, ready to be used. In order to compile you will need:

termcap sources (I used version 1.3.1)

termcap bin (I used version 1.3.1)

readline sources

readline bin

WSock32.Lib

libstdc++-6.dll

Once you have readline5.dll, termcap.dll, WSock32.lib and libstdc++-6.dll ,
 just place it in the same folder as interactive.cpp and compile with the
line I wrote above.

If anyone needs the .exe compiled or the libs/dll for 32 bit, just email me.

These are my two cents about this thing. Thank you for your help.

PS. Remember to use ; after every command you write in the console (as in
.geo files)