[Gmsh] Merging Surfaces
Mark van Doesburg
mark.van.doesburg at technolution.nl
Wed Aug 5 13:18:37 CEST 2009
To clarify my previous message, I build the each surface (patch)
going from points->lines->line loops->Plane Surface or Ruled
Surface. I am not merging STL or IGES files.
In that case you have to define the areas where you want the meshes
to touch as a single surface. This same surface should be used in both
surface loops. For example, if you have a small and a large box and want
them to touch at one side, you have to:
1. Define the line loop for the small surface.
2. Define a plane surface for the loop in 1. Use this surface in the
surface loop of the small cube.
3. Define a line loop for the large surface.
4. Create a plane surface with the loop from 3 as the outline, and the
line loop from 2 as a hole.
5. Use the surfaces from 4 and 2 in the surface loop for the large cube.
More information about the gmsh