[Gmsh] discrete-continuum mesh

Neilen Marais nmarais at snowisp.com
Thu Jun 23 22:28:21 CEST 2005

Hi!

I haven't yet used gmsh, but I plan to be soon.

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 14:53 +0200, Kovacs, Attila wrote:

> For the latter purpose I need a mesh generation approach which can
> combine 2d and 3d elements in a manner that the nodes and edges of
> neighbouring elements of different dimensions are geometrically
> identical.

I need the same functionality! I'm working on a microwave frequency
electromagnetic FEM code. Being able to get triangles matching the faces
of tetraheders is very usefull for specifying absorbing boundary
conditions, or when hybridising with other methods.

> Do you have a method for solving this problem?

Indeed, can this be done?

Thanks
Neilen