[Gmsh] Command line arguments on Windows

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 3 17:13:41 CEST 2005

Henry Liu wrote:
> Thanks Gmsh for its good mesh quality in 2D & 3D.
>
> I still want to know why Gmsh can not be excuted on MS-Dos terminal
> by typing ">>Gmsh-1.60.exe model.geo -3" without GUI popping up. I am
>  wondering whether there is a way out for this.

I think it's a limitation of the DOS shell when programs are compiled in
"Windows" mode. There are two solutions

1) install a better shell (tcsh, bash, etc., e.g. from cygwin.com)

2) recompile the code: either completely without the GUI (./configure
--disable-gui), or by removing all occurrences of "--subsystem,windows"
and "-mwindows" in gmsh/variables.

Christophe