[Gmsh] isotropic 3D algorithm fails

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon May 30 21:49:10 CEST 2005

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Hello,
> part of a cylinder is a structured grid, the other part is made of unstructured
> grid. The structured part meshes OK, the unstructured doesn't mesh at
> all, but gmsh doesn't complain about anything.
>
> Does anybody know where the problem could be?

Hi Ondrej - There are some quads in the boundary mesh of the volume
that you are trying to mesh with the unstructured algorithm. This will
not work, since currently Gmsh cannot automatically create
pyramids to insure the conformity between tets and quads.

I have attached a modified version of your file with all the structured
grid constraints removed, which works well.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech