[Gmsh] Re: AW: [Libmesh-users] unv file format

Christophe Geuzaine c.geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed May 4 17:17:02 CEST 2005

Fabio Sacconi wrote:

> Actually,  Gmsh  just writes  the  identification numbers of   "users
> defined"  regions to  this  dataset 790.
> I don't know  why.
> As for  now, it's  not possible to  write  these  region  IDs    to
> 2414 unv-dataset, but
> maybe  it's  possible  to  change  Gmsh code to   do  this.

Good idea. Feel free to remove the "dataset 790" from Gmsh's export
routine (gmsh/Mesh/Print_Mesh.cpp) and replace it with the "dataset
2414" stuff. If you send me a patch with the changes I will merge it in
the official tree.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech