[Gmsh] Volume has changed error

Martin Lüthi luthi at gi.alaska.edu
Tue Apr 19 22:25:17 CEST 2005

Hi

What does this error message mean:

Warning : Volume has changed (312915->137478) ?

Apparently something bad happens here, but why, and how could I
correct it? I am using gmsh in batch mode like this (geo.geo is
attached below)

gmsh geo.geo -2 -clscale 5 -o remeshed.msh

If I use a different element size

gmsh geo.geo -2 -clscale 6 -o remeshed.msh
                        ***

then a new mesh is generated. However, with -clscale 5.2 I get

Info    : Elimination (1 swaps)
Info    : Swapping (1 missing edges)

If I use the same mesh in interactive mode with different settings for
clscale (in the options box) weird things happen (sometimes the mesh
is displayed rotated) or the program simply hangs.

Best, Martin