[Gmsh] Extrusion and Standard Volume together do not mesh

Wladimyr Mattos C. Dourado wladimyrmd at terra.com.br
Tue Apr 12 22:53:45 CEST 2005

Hi Guys

What can I say about after three years using gmsh? It's really a very
nice code! Then I send congratulations once more for all developer team!
I have three students which are working with gmsh and AOMD to develop a
new thing. I hope early we will give a good contribution for the
gmsh-AOMD community.

Now I have a problem. I attached a .geo file which is a 3D mesh
generated around a wing which profile is given by many points. I
extruded the mesh near the body to generate a nice mesh for boundary
layer, and I created a standard volume to be mesh with tetrahedra
outside this regions as you can see. But: Huston, We have a problem!
When I put gmsh to generate the 3D mesh, only the mesh from extrusion is
performed. I can't see any volume outside the extrusion region. If I
create the outside volume first, the mesh generator crashes.  Before I
tried to generate the outside volume by extrusion whitout success, too
:-( Could somebody help me to solve this problem?

Many tanks in advance and other congratulations for gmsh team!

I attached another temptative (wing-v2.geo) where many
error messages appear in the gmsh message windows,
without success to generate the 3D mesh.

Wladimyr