[Gmsh] Extension of geometry modeller

Jonas Forssell jonasforssell at yahoo.se
Wed Mar 2 14:04:42 CET 2005

Gentlemen,

Congratulations to an excellent program... and it
keeps getting better!

I have used a similar commersial software to create
large and complex models (http://www.solvia.se)
Their geometry modeller & mesher (solvia-pre) is quite
similar to Gmsh but with one important difference.
There are some additional geometry commands:

> A point can be created from an intersection of
curves or curve to surface. Gmsh equivalent would be
something like Point(5) = {c1,c2} where c1 and c2 are
curve id:s

> A curve can be created from intersection of surfaces
> A curve can be split into two using a point
> A surface can be splt using a curve
> A curve can be created tangent to another curve

There are more examples, but getting these into Gmsh
would quickly extend the capability into complex
models

I have an old manual of Gmsh. Perhaps these have been
added already. My question is if there are any plans
to add something like this into Gmsh in the near
future?

Thanks
/Jonas Forssell, Gothenburg, Sweden