[Gmsh] gmsh problem (bug?)

Linus Löfström linusl at kth.se
Mon Jan 17 17:47:12 CET 2005

Hi!

I tried to run the binary version for Linux and it started and displayed
some windows but then immediately crashed. I run a 2.6.9 kernel and have
glibc 2.3.4.20040808-r1.

The .gmsh-errors file says:
Info    : -------------------------------------------------------
Info    : Gmsh version   : 1.58.0
Info    : Build OS       : Linux 2.4.18-3
Info    : Build options  : GSL TRIANGLE NETGEN JPEG PNG ZLIB MATHEVAL
Info    : Build date     : Sat Jan  1 13:48:26 PST 2005
Info    : Build host     : localhost.localdomain
Info    : Packager       : geuzaine
Info    : Home directory : /home/linus/
Info    : Launch date    : Mon Jan 17 17:33:44 2005
Info    : Command line   : ./gmsh
Info    : -------------------------------------------------------
Fatal   : Segmentation violation (invalid memory reference)
        : ------------------------------------------------------
        : You have discovered a bug in Gmsh! You may report it
        : by e-mail (together with any helpful data permitting to
        : reproduce it) to <gmsh at geuz.org>
Info    : Writing log file '/home/linus/.gmsh-errors'

Also, the program outputs
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Insufficient GL support
Aborted

Does this mean I have to have OpenGL support to run gmsh? Is this why it
crashed?

Thanks for your time and let me know if I can provide better info in some
way.

Linus Löfström, student at the Royal Institute of Science, Stockholm