[Gmsh] Transfinite Line ?

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 30 21:32:31 CET 2002

"Pascal A. Dupuis" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After looking at the t6.geo tutorial, I have a question about transfinite
> surfaces or volumes. My undrstanding is that Transfinite Line permit to
> control the number of mesh points on a line, but it looks like Transfinite
> Surface and Volumes are a redefinition (refinement ?) of existing surfaces
> and volumes. What is the purpose of this redefinition ?

It permits to define the ordering of the nodes/elements in the mesh.

> In order to get
> correct meshing of cylinders portion, is Transfinite Line enough ?

I don't understand your question... You don't *have* to use transfinite
lines/surfaces to mesh cylinder portions: you can simply use the
unstructured algorithm. Use the transfinite (or the extrusion) mesh
generator only if you need to create a "regular" (structured) grid.

Christophe

--
Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org